My nursing wardrobe consisted mostly of Target and Motherhood Maternity pieces. While practical and affordable, the nursing tanks, bras, and clothes from there showed wear easily, lost their shape, and needed to be replaced often. Since I was (am) overweight postpartum, I thought that I didn’t mind not investing in nicer maternity wear because I am hoping to lose the weight before potentially having more children someday (which would result in needed smaller-sized nursing wear down the road), but after replacing everything at least once, I realized that I should have just spent the money on a beautiful and highly recommended bras and tops to begin with. I would rather have a couple of stylish, quality items in my wardrobe than many low-quality ones that I need to replace. And I now know that I could have bought a few nice things and sold them in great shape to another mom in need should I lose weight and go down a size or two.
So, learn from me and check out these beautiful and stylish brands for your fall and fitness needs while nursing. Your body deserves the best while giving the best!
1) By now, I’m sure you have all see the gorgeous dress Kate Middleton has been spotted in for nursing her newborn, Prince George. I love this shade of brown, and it would be perfect dressed up with a great skirt for work, or down with jeans and boots for a casual look. Bamboo Knitted Breastfeeding Top by Seraphine Maternity. $79.
2) Totally versatile and fashionable! I’m obsessed with scarfs and wish I had purchased this last fall. This scarf doubles as a stylish scarf and nursing cover. The Foster Breastfeeding Scarf by Au Fait Mama. $56 CAN.
3) A beautiful, flattering fitting hoodie with a fleece lining would be ideal for fall and winter walks or runs and casual days around the house when you still want to look put together. Keep your body warm with easy access for nursing. The B-Warmer Nursing Hoodie by Boob. $99.
4) I love the name of this swimsuit: Fast Food Swimsuit. $85 by Boob. If you’re looking to stay active at the pool for fun or fitness, this multifunctional suit fits both during pregnancy and postpartum, and keeps the top up and secure while having easy access for nursing.
5) Gorgeous and flattering both during pregnancy and postpartum. The Oslo Nursing Cover by Dria. $79.
And, as always, the Essential Nursing Tank by Bravado ($49) is loved and recommended by most nursing moms I know. Grab a few for a must-have nursing wardrobe staple, making it easy to nurse under pre-pregnancy/nursing tops with still having coverage.